Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Alas, Audrey!


Hans Gerber, circa 1954

Hans Gerber, circa 1954
The first play I saw as a child was 'My Fair Lady', who knows it may have even been the first movie I watched all the way through. I would escape into Eliza Dolittle's world when I wanted to be lost.When I saw the play I knew that it was missing one outstanding leading lady in Audrey Hepburn. I adore Audrey and after such a sunny weekend I have decided I want to sail away with her. Escape on a holiday to the middle of the ocean. To rest my head, wind blowing waves softly and steadily. Feeling sprinkles of water on my face. Isn't there just something about being saved by an Audrey? 
Mel Ferrer, 1954

The name means 'Noble Strength' how fitting. I have a friend called Audrey who saved me once.
Mel Ferrer, 1954

 
My sail away shorts

1 comment:

  1. Ahh the beauty of Audrey Hepburn, I also love her! x

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so kind as to leave something behind, be a dear and write a comment here: