Saturday, 29 October 2011

Plastic, Not So Fantastic?

I think I need to live in the US. It is so disappointing when sellers don't ship internationally- I came across some Barbie furniture that I would consider buying but unfortunately I am not within distance. I was totally against any plastic for my shoots (and possible dolls house) but I have discovered how people get around the often too shiny and overwhelming look of plastic dolls furniture. Here are some examples:

Repainting and adding material touches and different textures helps to make this piece look less plasticy. Adding wooden furniture like the kitchen table adds an illusion of no plastic as well.
Source

I have found this kitchen a few times. I think customising it improves it. Here is a Christmas themed kitchen:
Source
Again materials and other extras have been added to style the kitchen. I am not a huge fan of this one although I think keeping the fridge silver is a good idea. I do however like the island bench decked out in Christmas cheer. I think that the use of wood with the bench improves the plastic kitchen here as well.

Source
I would love to know what you think of the lounge suite. Does the plastic coffee table and pedestal table pass or are they too fake?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel so kind as to leave something behind, be a dear and write a comment here: